Pricing Convertible Bonds: Universal Convertible Bond Pricing Model
The Universal Convertible Bond Pricing Model is an off-the-shelf solution that employs a partial differential equation (PDE) methodology for valuing a broad range of convertible bonds. The flexible modeling framework enables the end user to specify the relevant convertible bond feature, and define and configure the feature's parameters, all without programming.
Simply select from the ready-to-use sets of convertible bond features, configure the feature in accordance with the modeling description and input the appropriate modeling data.
The Universal Convertible Bond Pricing Model does the rest, generating price and sensitivity measures, accurately capturing dividends and providing much smoother and faster convergence than tree-based approaches. The pricing model provides comprehensive support for a broad range of convertible bond features including:
- Fixed, proportional, or mixed fixed/proportional dividend models. Explicit dividend schedules or internally built.
- Hazard rates calibrated from CDS spreads (or exogenous user input).
- Fixed, floating or mixed fixed/floating coupon models. Explicit coupon date schedules or internally built.
- Separate treasury and benchmark curves.
- Convertibles written on foreign stocks.
- Hard call and discrete put schedules.
- M of N soft calls with arbitrary number of days for the soft call trigger and soft call window including time variable call price/protection price schedules.
- Contingent conversion (COCOs), conversion ratio resets, with pertinent parameters time variable according to user defined schedules.
- Many types of make whole provisions including make whole conversion ratio adjustment matrices and change of control provisions.
- Funding spread, borrow rate, choice of day count basis and holiday calendar support, switches for inclusion of accrued interest upon call, conversion, put, or default.
- Outputs include theoretical price, all standard Greeks, interest, hazard, credit spread curve sensitivities, and many market implied quantities.
Like all SciComp Consulting solutions the Universal Convertible Bond Pricing Model can be enhanced/modified to meet any particular modeling needs you may have and is available as C/C++ source code, Windows/Linux executable, or a ready-to-use Excel spreadsheet and add-in.
- Clean, dirty prices, accrued interest
- Parity, premium
- Straight bond price
Sensitivities (computation controlled by switches):
- Delta, gamma, theta
- Change in implied vol (vega, volga, vanna)
- Parallel shift of yield curve
- Change in borrow rate
- Change in hazard rate
Implieds (computation controlled by switches):
- Implied vol given hazard rate and market price
- Implied hazard rate given vol and market price
- Provides a complete, ready-to-use pricing and risk solution for convertible bonds.
- Delivers a fast entry into the convertible bond market.
- Benefits from a standard Microsoft Excel interface for ease-of-use.
- Other interfaces (Java, COM, .Net) and source code available for additional
Need more information on the Universal Convertible Bond Pricing Model? Contact us
SciFinance - Complete solution for pricing convertible bonds
Need a robust in-house pricing development solution for convertible bonds? SciFinance automates coding and delivers source code (C/C++/CUDA) for custom convertible bond pricing and risk models. Read more