C++ Software Developer
SciComp Inc., an Austin, Texas based developer of sophisticated software for pricing and hedging financial derivatives, has an immediate opening for an experienced C++ software developer. SciComp's customers include major banks and hedge funds around the globe. Financial software experience is not required. This is a full-time position based in our Austin office. Candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire. SciComp is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We respectfully request no agency or recruiter inquiries.
The C++ Software Developer is responsible for the design, development, and modification of components of an enterprise class, financial services solution. The product architecture is composed of distributed, cross platform components written in native C++. The developer should be able to apply the latest technologies, language standards and industry best practices to deliver an enterprise-class application to a global customer base. The role requires an individual who can work collaboratively within an Agile software development environment with multiple platform teams comprising onsite and remote developers.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop robust, scalable and extendable C++ code
- Adhere to software code standards and best practices in the design and implementation of C++ code
- Actively participate in design and code reviews
- Collaborate with coworkers to align implementation of feature/functionality to release/business objectives
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance in iterative build and test cycles as well as jointly conduct defect resolution
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in computer science, engineering, finance or related field (or equivalent expertise)
- Experience developing native C++ cross platform solutions
- Experience in the development of highly scalable, multi-threaded distributed systems
- Experience designing and building enterprise class software leveraging complex data structures optimized for performance and footprint
- Experience in an Agile development lifecycle
TECHNOLOGY, TOOLING AND METHODOLOGY:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio, Eclipse IDE, GNU tool chain
- Experience with version control systems such as Subversion
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux shell, Windows batch and Python scripting
- Experience with Boost, STL, and C++11
- Experience using CMake cross-platform build system
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems such as Hudson/Jenkins